On Oct 20 14:28, Victor B. Wagner wrote:
> On 2006.10.20 at 11:49:39 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > ws2tcpip.h is incompatible with winsock.h since winsock.h is only meant
> > for supporting old Winsock 1.1 applications. A "modern" Winsock 2
> > application should include winsock2.h and ws2tcpip.h.

> So, it is line 455 in e_os.h which is offending, not line 278?

Line 455 looks wrong to me. winsock2.h is already included in line 277
so I don't see how another include of winsock.h in line 455 could be
right.

> > And here's another problem. The functions getaddrinfo, getnameinfo and
> > freeaddrinfo are only exported by ws2_32.dll beginning with Windows XP.
> > There's an earlier implementation for Windows 2000 which is exported by
> > a DLL called wship6.dll. There's no v6 for 9x or NT4. Consequentially,
> > on native Windows (not Cygwin) the functions should not be linked
> > against, but instead corresponding function pointers should be loaded at
> > runtime from either ws2_32.dll or wship6.dll using
> > LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress.

> So, use IPV6 on native windows requires considerable changes anyway?

I wouldn't say it's considerable. Just a tweak to the loading of
getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo in crypto/bio/b_sock.c, AFAICS.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader