>> I tried to compile OpenSSL using MinGW on Linux, but I could not do
>> this.
>> I've tried to modify configurations, converting ms/mingw.bat to
>> ms/mingw.sh, removing the translation of / into \, and more...

For reference. Occasional mingw tests are performed with Unix build
procedure nowadays. I mean forget about ms/mingw.bat and stick to Unix
procedure. We probably should remove ms/mingw.bat and omit corresponding
section from INSTALL.W32.

>> Before I making too much modifications,
>> Have anyone succeeded in doing so?

> I do it routinely.
>
> 1. Modify Configure script, adding target
> mingw-cross
> (this all should go into one line)
> "mingw-cross", "i586-mingw32msvc-gcc:-mno-cygwin -DL_ENDIAN

Can you test if './Configure mingw' followed by 'make
CC=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc RANLIB=i586-mingw32msvc-ranlib' works? I mean
question is if it's possible to achieve the goal without adding extra
target...

> 2. Modify Makefile shared so it would call
> util/mkdef.pl script. and add generated .def file to linking command
> Note that DEF file should contain correct DLL name, not just crypteay32
> mingw32 builds libcrypto-0.9.8.dll, and this name should exactly appear
> in the .def file

If it's reusable on real mingw and cygwin, then it makes sense to throw
it in. A.