On Fri, Sep 01, 2006, Simon McMahon wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I found out what I did wrong.
>
> Dr Stephen N. Henson wrote:
> > for details and examples. However the OID is already part of OpenSSL so

> it
> > doesn't need to be added: it is called "OCSPSigning" though.

> It appears to be called "OCSP Signing" which caused me a bit of a problem
> since it is most often referred to without the space. Maybe the space
> could be dropped?

OIDs have two names: a short name and a long name. The short name is normally
used in config files and command line arguments whereas the long name is
normally used for human readable text output. Either type can be used but they
are case sensitive.

The short name is "OCSPSigning" and the long name "OCSP Signing". The
definitions are in crypto/objects/objects.txt

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.