--=_alternative 000A4728852571D6_=

I'm using openssl, (I think the slimmed down engine version), and
attempting to support a program written by someone else. The server that
I'm talking to recently moved to a new ISP and the program stopped
working. It should be as simple as getting the server's new certificate
and it should work. The problem is that I can't find ANY place where this
program is using a keystore, (*.pem), so I can't add the new cert. All of
the typical directories, (e.g. /certs), are empty, (and I mean all of
them). In both production and the test environment, there are no
certificate files off of any of the usual directories and the program
itself doesn't open or use any keystore files in any of the SSL library
calls. Normally, you'd just find the keystore and add the new certificate
and all would be well. My question is this; since I don't see any place
that this program is using a private key or a certificate store, how is it
working? Where does it get a list of CA's etc.? Does openSSL provide an
internal keystore in the libraries? It has to be getting this information
from somewhere to complete the handshake process. Thanks in advance.

Au4life_rz