Openssl client/server help( push/pull mechanism help) - Openssl

This is a discussion on Openssl client/server help( push/pull mechanism help) - Openssl ; Hi All I am trying to write an openssl client/server application that is supposed to perform the following tasks. It should have a push/pull mechanism which basicall means that once th eclient connects to teh server , not only the ...

  1. Openssl client/server help( push/pull mechanism help)

    Hi All
    I am trying to write an openssl client/server application that is
    supposed to perform the following tasks.

    It should have a push/pull mechanism which basicall means that once th
    eclient connects to teh server , not only the client should be able to
    request files from the serevr over ssl but the client should also be
    able to upload files on the the server.

    Do I need to mantain a constant connection for this purpose or is there
    a way to have connect/disconnect periodically to save resources.
    Which is better ? and why?

  2. Re: Openssl client/server help( push/pull mechanism help)

    Hi , I am not giving answer to your question but i want to ask you one
    thing , is there any COM wrapper avaliable for Open SSL. I Found One
    from http://www.fuessl.de/ But in Client Example SSL_SEND is returning
    -1

    Can you help me about the same ?

    Regards,

    Milind

    rajanbond@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I am trying to write an openssl client/server application that is
    > supposed to perform the following tasks.
    >
    > It should have a push/pull mechanism which basicall means that once th
    > eclient connects to teh server , not only the client should be able to
    > request files from the serevr over ssl but the client should also be
    > able to upload files on the the server.
    >
    > Do I need to mantain a constant connection for this purpose or is there
    > a way to have connect/disconnect periodically to save resources.
    > Which is better ? and why?

  3. Re: Openssl client/server help( push/pull mechanism help)

    Sorry I am using this over Fedore core 5
    patilmmilind@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi , I am not giving answer to your question but i want to ask you one
    > thing , is there any COM wrapper avaliable for Open SSL. I Found One
    > from http://www.fuessl.de/ But in Client Example SSL_SEND is returning
    > -1
    >
    > Can you help me about the same ?
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Milind
    >
    > rajanbond@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All
    > > I am trying to write an openssl client/server application that is
    > > supposed to perform the following tasks.
    > >
    > > It should have a push/pull mechanism which basicall means that once th
    > > eclient connects to teh server , not only the client should be able to
    > > request files from the serevr over ssl but the client should also be
    > > able to upload files on the the server.
    > >
    > > Do I need to mantain a constant connection for this purpose or is there
    > > a way to have connect/disconnect periodically to save resources.
    > > Which is better ? and why?

+ Reply to Thread