Worked fine for me without making any of those manual modifications.
You just need to install the current Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 platform
SDK along with a current ActiveState Perl, then go to:

Start->All Programs->Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003
R2->Open Build Environment Window->Windows Server 2003 64-bit Build
Environment->Set Win Svr 2003 x64 Build Env (Retail)

That sets up all path and include variables for you, and you don't have
to explicitly copy ml64 or anything like that, at least from my
experience.

Just compile as per the official instructions from there. Worked for
me a couple months back, no problems.

-Brad