On Wed, Aug 16, 2006, Ing. Roberto Baeza via RT wrote:

> I cannot open a public key with openssl dgst -verify "public key file", WHY ?
> i tried everything using x509 to give the public certificate different formats.
> Please I need help
> thank you

This shouldn't be sent to RT it should be in openssl-users.

What error message do you get? If its "no start line" then the public key
isn't in the correct format, you can't (for example) use a certificate.

The command:

openssl x509 -in cert.pem -noout -pubout > pubkey.pem

will convert a certificate to the correct form.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.