In message <> on Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:15:59 +0200, Jan Pazdziora said:

jpr-ossl> The primary concern is a change in API/ABI, namely removal of three
jpr-ossl> functions: BIO_get_host_ip, BIO_get_port, and BIO_gethostbyname. They
jpr-ossl> are not documented in doc/crypto/BIO_s_connect.pod and the change in
jpr-ossl> logic, using getaddrinfo which can return multiple results, makes them
jpr-ossl> not needed by the other BIO_* functions.

Can you explain why you need to remove those functions?

See for details.

Richard Levitte

-- C.S. Lewis
Automated List Manager