Hello,

Now I'm trying to cross compile openSSL for OSE operating system.

My working machine is Windows XP and target machine is ARM.
I have RVCT2.1 armcc compiler.
And OpenSSl version is 0.9.8a.

I manually configured openSSL installation with linux-generic32,
no-threads, no-shared, no-asm, and little-endian option. That is to
say, I executed this command with Cygwin on my Win32 machine.

../Configure linux-generic32 no-threads no-shared no-asm -DL_ENDIAN

And then, I modifed generated Makefile in order to make the armcc
compiler to compile openSSL codes. The changes are like this.
CC=gcc ---> CC=armcc
AR=ar ---> AR=armar

So, the code snippet of the changes in Makefile looks like this.
CC= armcc
CFLAG= -Ic:/Projects/PierT/Source/trunk/sw/device/ose51/include
-DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DL_ENDIAN -DNO_STRINGS_H -DTERMIO -O3 -Wall
DEPFLAG= -DOPENSSL_NO_GMP -DOPENSSL_NO_MDC2 -DOPENSSL_NO_RC5
PEX_LIBS=
EX_LIBS= -ldl
EXE_EXT=
ARFLAGS=
AR=armar

When I tried to make with this change with windows command prompt, I
got this error.
"..\e_os.h", line 62: Error: #5: could not open source file
"openssl/opensslconf.h"

The compie command was like this.

armcc -I. -I.. -I../include -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DL_ENDIAN
-DTERMIO -O3 -Wall -c -o cryptlib.o cryptlib.c

I checked the include path and it was correct but the files in
include/openssl directory were not real header files and they were link
files for real header files. So I copied real header files to this
directory and I could remove this compile error. But, I got another
error.

"..\e_os.h", line 392: Error: #5: could not open source file "unistd.h"

So, I added include path for "unistd.h" file in target platform using
-I option and I could remove this compiler error. But, I got another
error again.

"..\e_os.h", line 624: Error: #5: could not open source file
"strings.h"

Unfortunately, my target platform doesn't support this functionality so
I added compiler option, -DNO_STRINGS_H, in order to get around this
error but, again, I got another error.

"tmdiff.c", line 84: Error: #5: could not open source file
"sys/times.h"

Unfortuantely again, my target platform doesn't support his
functionality.
And, it seems that there is no way to get around this compile error
this time.

Any help is appreciated.