Hi Al,

Yes, your EBCDIC fixes for the tests would be very much appreciated. I am
at exactly the same point with regard to the seq faults and misc. other
failures and your help would really speed things up.

To enable shared libraries you need to edit Configure and alter the
OS390-Unix configure string (and of course don't forget to add the 'shared'
switch to Configure at run time). The key for the config string is given in
a comment near the top of the file:

#config-string $cc : $cflags : $unistd : $thread_cflag : $sys_id : $lflags :
$bn_ops : $cpuid_obj : $bn_obj : $des_obj : $aes_obj : $bf_obj : $md5_obj :
$sha1_obj : $cast_obj : $rc4_obj : $rmd160_obj : $rc5_obj : $dso_scheme :
$shared_target : $shared_cflag : $shared_ldflag : $shared_extension :
$ranlib : $arflags

My OS390-Unix string looks like this (for 0.9.8b):

"OS390-Unix","c89.sh:-O -DB_ENDIAN -DCHARSET_EBCDIC -DNO_SYS_PARAM_H
\"-Wc,LANGLVL(EXTENDED)\" -D_ALL_SOURCE:unknown):::THIRTY_TWO_BIT DES_PTR
DES_UNROLL MD2_CHAR RC4_INDEX RC4_CHAR BF_PTR:::",

My guess is you need to define shared_target, shared_cflag, shared_ldflag
and shared_extension to get the shared option to function properly.

Cheers!

Gerry McGuire
gmcguire@RocketSoftware.Com