Hi

I compiled openssl 0.9.8a in two different directories one without debug
option and another with -g debug mode. My openssl configure command is:

../Configure --openssldir=$(PKG_64BIT_INSTALL_DIR) -fPIC linux-ia64
(no-debug)

../Configure --openssldir=$(PKG_64BIT_INSTALL_DIR) -fPIC linux-ia64:gcc -g
(debug)

Openssl test command:

openssl x509 -inform DER -in key/buffer.der

These are the comments:

1. The openssl command compiled in debug mode (-g) does not crash.

2. The openssl command compiled in non-debug mode (without -g) is giving
segment violation.

3. The crash happens only on ia64 system. All other UNIX system it works
fine.

4. The openssl 0.9.7d command compiled in non-debug mode works fine.

5. The openssl crashes with any public certificates. I used 2-3 different
certificates for tests and one certificate is attached with this e-mail. The
sam.c program I used to write the buffer.der file.

I hope you may be able to get to the bottom of this problem. Because it does
not crash in debug mode, it's difficult for me to debug the problem. Feel
free to let me know incase I need to test anything more. I hope we would be
able to get the fix in next openssl release.

Thanks

SAM SHAMRA