Doug Kaufman writes:

> A "no-engine" directive to Configure is not one of the documented
> options, but looking at Configure, I think it will just cause
> OPENSSL_NO_ENGINE to be defined. It doesn't affect which files are
> compiled.

no-engine shouldn't be used. It doesn't work, and exactly for the reason
you mention. I'm looking into it.

> The real question is why you don't have include/openssl/engine.h.

Because among others, no-engine means "engine" will not be part of the SDIRS
makefile variable, and thereby means that the crypto/engine directory is
utterly and completely ignored. At least with the Unixly Makefiles...

Please do not try to use no-engine for now.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte richard@levitte.org