Forgive my lack of knowledge in your existing code. But it is really
designed with optimization in mind? What was the driving force for
the C function?

If it is optimized what is the time required?

I jumped way to early at the "fast" conclusion I must admit. Because I
really never had speed in mind. As I explained my goal is to make it
easy to understand. If it has any performance advantage it is purely
a side effect. (You never answer my comment about performance in my
last email so I can only guess what the design intent was for you
code).

I mean if you choose to optimize my code for speed, it's perfectly
doable and I have full comfidence anyone else who have read this email
thread can do it. But again, I have no idea how much time you spend
on your routine so I guess I should refrain from dissing it. My
mistake once again.

What else will you be teaching me today? =3D)

David