>>>Sorry, I've forgotten to mention I use 20050627 snapshot and
>>>./config -g shared zlib works fine.

>>Run ./config -t. Does it suggest any extra flags to ./Configure, such as
>>386? If it does, then I'd recommend to pass it down to ./Configure when
>>latter is invoked manually.

> Thank you, it helps.

Yet I find it a bit too puzzling... After I've replied I came to realize
that no-sse2/386 shouldn't actually affect the referred test
procedure... Indeed, even though there're SSE2 instructions present in
bn_mul_add_words, they operate on mmx registers and therefore don't
actually require kernel support. Kernel support required for SSE2
instructions operating on 128-bit xmm registers, but not on 64-bit mmx
ones, and therefore if CPUID said SSE2 is available, then
bn_mul_add_words should have worked... So if you can have time I'd still
appreciate if you could collect and send over disassemble output in the
vicinity of segmentation fault, as well as info registers... Once again,
this is optional. A.