------=_NextPart_000_0109_01C5392D.41F9AB00

The non-thread-safe nature of RAND_poll for Win32 is something I need to
address as it's impossible given the use of my library to expect RAND_poll
to be called before other threads exist. This leads me to the question of
how good a random source is the CryptGenRandom function on Windows. If it
is a good enough source, then why bother with everything else that is done
inside RAND_poll? The MSDN documentation makes it sound like similar things
are being done for their random number seeding as is done in RAND_poll.

Regards,

Steven

------=_NextPart_000_0109_01C5392D.41F9AB00

charset=3Dus-ascii">

The =
non-thread-safe=20
nature of RAND_poll for Win32 is something I need to address as it's =
impossible=20
given the use of my library to expect RAND_poll to be called before =
other=20
threads exist.  This leads me to the question of how good a random =
source=20
is the CryptGenRandom function on Windows.  If it is a good enough =
source,=20
then why bother with everything else that is done inside =
RAND_poll?  The=20
MSDN documentation makes it sound like similar things are being done for =
their=20
random number seeding as is done in RAND_poll.

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Regards,

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Steven