From: owner-openssl-dev@openssl.org on behalf of Prashant Kumar
Sent: Tue 3/1/2005 9:43 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org; openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: ubsec hw accelerator and DMA Error
Hello All,

I am trying to use ubsec hw accelerator with openssl and I get a DMA Error from the UBSEC when I try to run the function "ubsec_mod_exp". Any idea ? I am running this on a VXWORKS platform.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Prashant.

_____

Do you Yahoo!?

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/ms-tnef name=winmail.dat

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1219194936-1109714741=:33138

Frederic,

I am not even stressing the driver. I have written a small SSL server program for testing my hardware accelerator and I see this problem.

There may be some problem with the driver, let me dig more into it.

Thank you so much for your help. I will update you with my progress .

Regards,

Prashant.

Frédéric Donnat <frederic.donnat@netsecureone.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have no knowledge of VXWorks platform, but we encoutered the same problem when coding a linux driver for BCM chip.
We encouter this on slow machine, with slow PCI and around 128 Mb of RAM, when stressing the driver.
In fact the driver create all kernel structure and allocate memory faster than it can free it, producing this DMA error.

Do you have this ERROR when stressing the driver?

Hope it could help.

Fred