Dear list,

I need to keep a ssh connection open from my windows PC to a linux
workstation for various tasks that can be done better in linux
environment.

But a couple times a day, from the same windows PC, I also need to remote
desktop into an off-site windows server, using cisco vpn.

My problem is that as soon as the vpn is connected, my IP changes, and I
lose the ssh connection (because this vpn client disallows "local LAN
access"). I cannot change the vpn client setting.

Is there a way to let the ssh connection survive the vpn connection?

Regards,

Ben Kim