OpenSSH 5.1p1 was just installed on Linux machines here. It appears that
escape sequences are not being passed to the underlying terminal for in-
terpretation and control. I am now seeing \033[H and \033[2J. This will
not bode well for users expecting classic escape sequences to be painting
and controlling their terminal screens. Is there a magical incantation to
restore proper behavior? Or is this a bug?

Thanks.