Esteban Dauksis Ortolá
esteban@dauksis.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/estebandauksis

El 29/10/2008, a las 17:51, Christian Gagneraud escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a box running embedded linux, which has 2 network
> interfaces, the
> first (eth0) is the "normal" interface, the other one (ppp0) is
> used as
> a back-up link (in case eth0 is down, we still want to be able to
> connect to the box).
> The box is installed on the sea, few miles away from the shore, the
> box
> access internet through eth0 which is connected to a transparent WIFI
> bridge and finally to an ADSL router.
>

> The ppp0 is a GPRS connection via a modem, as my provider doesn't
> allow
> incoming connection, i need to set up a reverse tunnel if i want to be
> able to connect remotely to the box.
> I know i can set-up the reverse tunnel with something like "ssh -CNR
> :localhost:2222 middleuser@middleserver", we use this on
> other projects that have only ppp0 to access internet, and it works
> fine.

If the connect back system has a fix IP address you can put a host
route througth ppp0 to your fix IP address

> It is critical for us to be able to access the box 24/7, the services
> provided by this box need a good bandwidth, that's why we need a
> broadband connection. The ppp0 will be only used in case of
> eth0/internet failure to investigate the problem(s).
> Actually the WIFI link is the weakness of the system, the embedded
> WIFI
> bridge can fail due to various reason including misalignment (the
> system
> can derived from its original position), corosion (sea water is a
> killer), power supply failures, ....

I think, the key is in the other end,
Get another Managment ADSL, with fix IP address so you can put 2 routes

to MNGMT_ADSL2_pub_IP dev ppp0
to 0.0.0.0 dev eth0

And in the other end you can have a multihomed box