sftp after upload - openssh

This is a discussion on sftp after upload - openssh ; Hey there, Is there some way to make sftp run an arbitrary command after a file upload ? *security aside.. Similar to proftpd's mod_exec module. I'm using debian 4 but I've installed openssh-5.1p1 from source. Thanks....

  1. sftp after upload

    Hey there,

    Is there some way to make sftp run an arbitrary command after a file upload ? *security aside..
    Similar to proftpd's mod_exec module.

    I'm using debian 4 but I've installed openssh-5.1p1 from source.

    Thanks.

  2. RE: sftp after upload

    If I am to implement it, It'd better be automatic and transparent to the user. I'm talking server side here.

    Have you tried ! Space and your desired command?

    Eli Smith
    Information Analyst

    EDS, an HP company
    Digital Document Management (DDM)

    E-mail: eli.smith@eds.com

    We deliver on our commitments
    so you can deliver on yours.

    Is there some way to make sftp run an arbitrary command after a file upload ? *security aside..
    Similar to proftpd's mod_exec module.

    I'm using debian 4 but I've installed openssh-5.1p1 from source.

    Thanks.

  3. RE: sftp after upload

    Eli Shemer wrote:
    > If I am to implement it, It'd better be automatic and transparent to the
    > user. I'm talking server side here.

    You might batch 'scp' (upload) and 'ssh' (run your desired commands). At
    the UNIX command line, something like:

    scp foo nyname@bar.com;ssh -l myname bar.com "my-command"
    --
    Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc. | 5 Chestnut Court
    UNIX System Admin Consulting | Owings Mills, MD 21117

+ Reply to Thread