Queries on ssh_askpass - openssh

This is a discussion on Queries on ssh_askpass - openssh ; Hi, I had developed a program which spawns a shell where i am trying to use ssh commands to log into a linux server. There is a pop up dialog window which is prompting me for key-ing the password. Actually ...

  1. Queries on ssh_askpass

    Hi,

    I had developed a program which spawns a shell where i am trying to use ssh
    commands to log into a linux server.

    There is a pop up dialog window which is prompting me for key-ing the
    password.

    Actually i want to get rid of this pop up dialog box, as i don't want this
    to be visible in my program/code execution.

    Could you please let me know is there any way to resolve and stop this
    password dialog box - nagging problem.

    I have tried uninstalling the ssh-askpass-gnome package from my linux box
    and i am getting the following error.

    15:46:04.221 Shell command: ssh abc@kaveri
    15:46:04.224 ::com.evolving.adg.util::Shell (::NEComms::shell4)|spawned "
    abc@kaveri" (3243)
    15:46:04.224 Exiting ::NEComms::executeShell
    15:46:04.225 exiting SS8VM::connect
    15:46:04.292 err channel|RCVD| *"ssh_askpass:
    exec(/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass): No such file or directory*
    15:46:04.292 err channel|RCVD| "Write failed: Broken pipe

    By any chance, anybody has encountered a similar issue ? are there any
    answers/solutions for this problem ?
    --
    Thanks and Regards,
    Lakshman

  2. Re: Queries on ssh_askpass

    Lakshman Prasad wrote:
    > There is a pop up dialog window which is prompting me for key-ing
    > the password.
    >
    > Actually i want to get rid of this pop up dialog box, as i don't
    > want this to be visible in my program/code execution.
    >
    > Could you please let me know is there any way to resolve and stop
    > this password dialog box - nagging problem.

    One way is to use private and public key files for authentication.

    //Peter

  3. Re: Queries on ssh_askpass

    Circa 2008-09-02 01:37 dixit Lakshman Prasad:

    :
    : There is a pop up dialog window which is prompting me for key-ing the
    : password.
    :
    : Actually i want to get rid of this pop up dialog box, as i don't want this
    : to be visible in my program/code execution.
    :
    : Could you please let me know is there any way to resolve and stop this
    : password dialog box - nagging problem.
    :
    : I have tried uninstalling the ssh-askpass-gnome package from my linux box
    : and i am getting the following error.

    Read the ssh(1) man page ("man ssh") and search for "SSH_ASKPASS", so
    you understand how SSH_ASKPASS works.

    --
    jim knoble | jmknoble@pobox.com | http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/
    (GnuPG key ID: C6F31FFA >>>>>> http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/keys/ )