CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port"restrictions? - openssh

This is a discussion on CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port"restrictions? - openssh ; Dear openssh-unix-dev list, in OpenSSH 5.1 you introduced CIDR address/masklen matching for "Match address" blocks in sshd_config as well as supporting CIDR matching in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys from="..." restrictions in sshd. I wonder whether CIDR address/masklen matching will be implemented for permitopen="host ...

  1. CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port"restrictions?

    Dear openssh-unix-dev list,

    in OpenSSH 5.1 you introduced CIDR address/masklen matching for "Match address" blocks in sshd_config as well as supporting CIDR matching in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys from="..." restrictions in sshd.

    I wonder whether CIDR address/masklen matching will be implemented for permitopen="hostort" restrictions in sshd as well, that would be quite beneficially (at least for me, maybe others,too;-)?

    Thank you - kind regards,

    Bert.

    http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/d...puzzle/6169196

  2. Re: CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port"restrictions?

    On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:22:34AM +0200, Bert Courtin wrote:
    > I wonder whether CIDR address/masklen matching will be implemented
    > for permitopen="hostort" restrictions in sshd as well, that would
    > be quite beneficially (at least for me, maybe others,too;-)?

    Maybe you can look into it yourself? I expect that there are some
    generically useful functions for CIDR in the code.

    //Peter

  3. Re: CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port"restrictions?

    Also, feel free to file an enhancement request at bugzilla.mindrot.org
    so it doesn't get lost.

    -d