Portable OpenSSH needs a new server - openssh

This is a discussion on Portable OpenSSH needs a new server - openssh ; Hi, The server that hosts Portable OpenSSH's bugzilla, anoncvs and mailing lists is reaching the end of its life and is in need of replacement. Anyone who uses our bugzilla frequently can attest to how annoyingly slow it is. So ...

  1. Portable OpenSSH needs a new server

    Hi,

    The server that hosts Portable OpenSSH's bugzilla, anoncvs and mailing
    lists is reaching the end of its life and is in need of replacement.
    Anyone who uses our bugzilla frequently can attest to how annoyingly
    slow it is.

    So I am soliciting donations towards a replacement server with a target
    of AUD$3750. If there are any leftover funds they will be used to defray
    colo costs that I normally pay myself.

    The easiest way to donate is via Paypal to my email address
    (djm@mindrot.org), but if this is inconvenient then please contact me
    directly.

    Any support that you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Damien Miller

  2. Re: Portable OpenSSH needs a new server

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Damien Miller wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The server that hosts Portable OpenSSH's bugzilla, anoncvs and mailing
    > lists is reaching the end of its life and is in need of replacement.
    > Anyone who uses our bugzilla frequently can attest to how annoyingly
    > slow it is.
    >
    > So I am soliciting donations towards a replacement server with a target
    > of AUD$3750. If there are any leftover funds they will be used to defray
    > colo costs that I normally pay myself.

    Thanks almost entirely to individual donations, some of which were
    particularly generous, we are now 1/2 way to reaching this target.

    This would be a great opportunity for companies who incorporate OpenSSH
    into their (operating systems, management hardware, network appliances)
    to contribute something back.

    Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

    Thanks,
    Damien Miller