--=-6h5s2CZLmjpheY/V0ddn

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:20 +0000, swetha.mani@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I have just joined this group. I have downloaded the ssh windows
> source code ( for cygwin ) from sourceforgenet
> (http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/download/) . I am trying to get it
> to build in Visual Studio , but am getting a lot of errors with the
> linux header files being used in the code. an example is=20
>=20
> Error 1: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h': No =

such file or directory

This isn't a "linux" header file. It is a standard POSIX header file
(and it is proper to #include it in Cygwin) that all UNIX-like systems
are expected to have. Cygwin *does* have this header, you need to use
the proper include path.

>=20
> My development environment is Windows XP with cygwin and VS2005.

Your Visual Studio 2005 environment needs to be set up to use the Cygwin
GCC compiler, linker, and needs the cygwin library and include paths
properly configured in it to work. I've never used Visual Studio 2005
for anything. I don't even know if you can build against cygwin (or any
non-MicroSoft environment) with VS2005. Try using GCC instead.

>=20
> Thanks in advance,
> Swetha
>=20