> > > Have you tried creating a /dev directory in the chroot and arranging
> > > for syslogd to listen on /dev/log there?
> > >
> > > -d
> > >

> > No that doesn't seem to work for me.
> >

> What exact steps have you taken to accomplish what Damien proposed?
> --
>
> Sincerely Your, Dan.

Yes sorry Dan, I should have been specific.

I created a file in my chroot root called /home/dev/auth.log

Then I edited syslogd to write auth log to that location and restarted syslogd.

I commented out my chroot in sshd_config and confirmed that sftp file
transactions were being logged in /home/dev/auth.log

Then I uncommentd the chroot diretive and restarted sshd.
Although my sftp sessions were correctly chroot'd file transfers were
no longer logged.

John