Recently I updated to Hardy Heron(Ubuntu beta) and with it cam
openssh-client 4.7p1. In my environment we have alot of
Extreme( switch devices which we access via

4.7p1 would no longer allow me to connect to the switches, however 4.6p1
would. The error I received was.

' channel 0: open failed: resource shortage: Channel open failed'

I did some diggin and noticed these two constants where changed between
4.6 and 4.7


Changing the new value of 64*, back to 4*, solved the issue.

- 2007/06/11 09:14:00
increase default channel windows; ok djm

Its probably an issue with our switches, but that is something I
probably cannot get rectified.

openssh-unix-dev mailing list