I am running Solaris 9, OpenSSH 4.7p1
I am trying to configure SFTP-only users that will not have shell
access. As referenced in various places, I simply create a user whose
shell is /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server.
=20
This works great for our use and I was just about to take it from
development to production when I started building accounts and expiring
the password. When I try to log on with various different SFTP clients
(putty's sftp client, ssh.com's free client, WinSCP, and even WS_FTP
Pro), if the password is expired, I get authentication failure. Using
Sun's SSH server, this works fine, but we're moving to OpenSSH.
=20
Is there a configuration I don't know about that would allow me to be
able to change an expired password? Any other suggestions?
=20
Thanks,
Russ Oliver
Systems Programmer