On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:35:06AM -0500, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> I also get knocked off of SSH from the ROUTER ITSELF.

I have seen this happen when I had a duplicate IP address on the LAN -
every time the packet happened to hit the "other" box, it caused a RST
(because the other box didn't know anything about it).

You can see this if you look into the ARP caches of other boxes on the
same network - if the server IP address is alternating between different
MAC addresses, you have a double IP address.

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
openssh-unix-dev mailing list