Nadav Har'El wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote about "Re: [openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"":
>> I ran what you said, and the first one ran for about
>> 2 minutes and then :
>>
>> Connection to 10.0.0.6 closed by remote host.
>> Connection to 10.0.0.6 closed.
>>
>> And the 2nd time about 20 seconds before the same.

> If I understood correctly, what you ran just opened a connection, but passed
> no data for two minutes. Is it possible that your router simply disconnects
> inactive TCP connections after two minutes, in the pretext of saving memory,
> guard against DOS attacks, or who knows what?

Good point, and that reminds me: another thing to check for,
particularly if you have links with differing MTUs, is fragmentation
problems:

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html

A dead giveaway for this problem is if you see a non-zero and increasing
number in the SendQ column in the "netstat" output for the SSH
connection (on either server or client end of the connection).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.