On Tue, Jan 29, 2008, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote about "Re: [openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"":
> I ran what you said, and the first one ran for about
> 2 minutes and then :
> Connection to closed by remote host.
> Connection to closed.
> And the 2nd time about 20 seconds before the same.

If I understood correctly, what you ran just opened a connection, but passed
no data for two minutes. Is it possible that your router simply disconnects
inactive TCP connections after two minutes, in the pretext of saving memory,
guard against DOS attacks, or who knows what?

You can try setting ServerAliveInterval in your client to something less than
two minutes, and see if it helps. E.g., in your ~/.ssh/config put

ServerAliveInterval 60

Nadav Har'El | Thursday, Jan 31 2008, 24 Shevat 5768
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |He who has more is not happier than he
http://nadav.harel.org.il |who wants less.
openssh-unix-dev mailing list