This seems to have been covered ad nauseam on the mailing list before,
but I'm getting an odd behavior out of my system (AIX 5.1, all patched
up):

Configured OpenSSH. Works great.

Have one user I want to be able to use sftp, but not an interactive (ie
SSH/telnet) login.

Set user's shell to /usr/bin/ksh -r)

Now, every time he tries to log in via either ssh *or* sftp, I get the
following showing up in the syslog:

Nov 19 10:21:09 hostname sshd[811106]: User bogus not allowed because
shell /usr/bin/ksh -r is not executable

I've checked /etc/shells, I've checked for typos, I've checked for
missing/bogus links, etc. and nothing seems out of order...I know others
have used various restricted shells before, and I don't think this is so
complex a config that it calls for something like scponly...

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something stupidly simple? (and yes,
/usr/bin/ksh *is* executable)

MTIA

Rob