Khill,
if WorkA has to reboot, you will always lose your connection to WorkB.
But, if you have the VNC server running on WorkB, when WorkA disconnects =
you, the server and anything you had running will continue to run.
So, why don't you start the VNC server on WorkB and connect to workA with =
the connect string of:
ssh -L ::5901

this will start a listener on of your home PC and =
forward (unencrypted) to :5901

then you VNC to localhost: and hooza whiz bang you're =
VNCed to screen 01. Modify your SSH connect string to match whatever =
screen you need.

If you need encryption between WorkB and WorkA you can use a backwards =
tunnel between WorkB and WorkA. There is some more futzing you will have =
to do with your connect strings if you need the backwards tunnel.
Scott

>>> Khill 10/26/2007 9:39 AM >>>

Ok, so my situation is as follows. 3 computers

Home - windows machine
WorkA - CentOS machine, with open SSH port to the world, and all ports =
open
to an internal network
WorkB - CentOS machine, with no open ports to the world, and all ports =
open
to an internal network

What I'd like to do is to get access to a VNC server running on WorkB from

What I have been doing as a bit of a workaround is to SSH into WorkA from
Home using PUTTY with :5901 forwarded, then started a VNC server on WorkA,
logged into that from Home, and ssh'd into WorkB from that VNC session =
with
X11 forwarding. This is kind of like having access to a VNC server running
on WorkB, but there are some caveats, such as if my co-worker, who does =
most
of her work on WorkA, has to reboot, all of my processes on running on =
WorkB
terminate.

I feel like I should be able to log into WorkA using PUTTY forwarding say,
:5906, then from that command line, do something like "ssh -L
5906:localhost:5906 WorkB" but that doesn't seem to work for me. What am I
missing?
--=20
8452.html#a13430991=20
Sent from the SSH (Secure Shell) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.