sftp (as part of ssh) is not an implementation of the FTP protocol.

It uses a channel inside of an ssh connection to talk to the sftp service
as configured in sshd_config on the server.

So, don't let the command name fool you.

To connect to the WS_FTP server, I would suggest something like the
ws_ftp client and ncftp, or (noninteractive) wget and curl.

--
And, did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?
-Centauri