let me rephrase the question then...

How hard would it be to change scp, so that, if -T were used instead of -t,=
to do 2 things?

#1 - If "../" were found in the remote path, error out.
#2 - Preface "./" to the remote path, after the host name.

Forget about whether or not it's what some might call the right thing to do=
or not. Could it be done? How trivial would it be?

If it could be done with a minimum of fuss, what would it hurt to do so? =

I'm stating that there is a need for this option. I'm stating that I'm cer=
tainly not the only one who would end up making use of it.