Hi,

Austin Murphy wrote:
> You want a "null cipher" for the data transport after authentication.
> My understanding is that this is possible, but you need to recompile
> OpenSSH.

[...]
> On 9/27/07, Peter Daum wrote:
>> is there any way to tell ssh to forward data
>> without any encryption. (or using some very "light" cipher)?

I looked through the sources (openssh-4.7p1 portable): It looks like
there were provisions for specifying "none" as a cipher, but as far as
I can see, it would require some hacking before server and client would
accept "none" as a valid cipher. Is this right? Can anybody think of a
better way?

Regards,
Peter Daum