hi,

I'm bit new this feature as well, and I find this situation bit
irritating. the same bounce off box can be used to tunnel any part but
in my understanding to tunnel a privilege port (<1024) from a middle
box you'll need to do it with the root user of the ssh proxy. So
following command will looks like...

$ ssh root$SSHPROXY -L993:MAILSERVER:2993

may be someone can give a logical explanation to this.

Kosala

--
Kosala
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this mail are my personal views and