On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 03:48:24PM +0200, Adam Lantos wrote:
> I have a serious problem with OpenSSH. I use it on kernel 2.6.18 with
> grsecurity patch enabled, i686 (Gentoo GNU/Linux, Hardened profile)

> [pid 7918] <... write resumed> ) = 48384
> [pid 17725] +++ killed by SIGKILL +++

Something on your system was probably set up to send SIGKILLs to processes
that match some sort of profile (for example, high short-term average
CPU use, or high total CPU use, or high memory use). Or maybe it just
SIGKILLs random processes for the hell of it. I don't trust that
"hardened" Linux crap one bit.