Actually, you're missing the most important piece of sudo.

People walk away from terminal sessions all the time. The point of the
authentication and timeout is to assure that the person executing the
sudo is actually the correct, authenticated person.

That's why sudo won't accept cached credentials. And I wouldn't do
anything to change that behavior. You might as well just log in with
UID 0 then.

Eric S. Johansson sent the following missive on 5/20/2007 11:17 AM:

--
Justin Bradford Alcorn
justin@jalcorn.net