>or whatever... You can do this by adding such a line to your .xinitrc
>(for startx) or .xsession (for sessions started from xdm/gdm/kdm
>etc.). One of these needs to be executable (i.e. a shell script), but
>I can never remember which one (I think it's .xsession). Make sure it
>is executable using chmod.

I stand corrected on all points but had a question about this method.
Say I am on Laptop A and ssh into my desktop at home which has all the
keya and such on it. Using the .xinitrc isn't going to do me much good
(less we get into X forwarding)..but if i have the ssh-agent/add in my
..bashrc then as soon as I login via my SSH to my desktop it would
automatically start my sessions. Should also work for all terminals I
open inside X as well, right?

Wouldn't that be a better solution than requiring the start of an X
Server for all term's to see the env variables?

Just curious.. I'm sure either way works but just curious as to why the
preference to .xinitrc.

Thanks for correcting me,
Layne