From: Javier Reyna Padilla [mailto:jreyna@onlinet.com.mx]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 5:50 PM
To: Jack Curtin
Cc: 'secureshell@securityfocus.com'
Subject: Re: OpenSSH and FTP

If you need to download/upload files,I think you can do that just with
scp, you can remove ftp and use just scp, rhe problem is that no much
people is familiarized with scp ( I don't know why!! Is a very common
tool), Otherwise, why don't you chech the new feature in Openssh sftp,
it is included in the new version.

http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-4.4

Jack Curtin wrote:
> [Reposting in plain text as requested, sorry about that.]
>
> Hi,
>
> We have an application that allows users to login and submit/receive files
> through a custom FTP proxy server. We support most FTP clients. We now
> need to be able to support an SCP client (such as WinSCP). I thought it
> might be possible to use OpenSSH's sshd as an SSH wrapper for my FTP proxy
> server. What I want to do is perform an ftp connect at session start, an
> ftp login for password authentication, and then an ftp put or get for
> sending or receiving files.
>
> Questions:
>
> Is this a bad idea? Is there a more straightforward way to accomplish

this?

> I'm working my way through the code, but could you provide some guidance

on
> the locations where I would need to add in my FTP logic as described

above?