Thank you for your reply. The PAM is getting called which in turn
contacts the TACACS server. However, my problem is that OpenSSH is
authenticating the user against /etc/passwd instead of letting the user
be authenticated by the TACACS server. I am looking for a way to
configure SSH to stop the /etc/passwd authentication. When the user is
in /etc/passwd a but does not have a local password and is defined on
the TACACS server, TACACS authenticates the user correctly. I am
looking for a way to not have to configure the same user id on both the
TACACS server and the local system.
BTW, I am the PAM developer.

Thanks,
Gary