Hi all,

I'm having a very strange problem and - surely - I think I've tried anything
possible to solve it.

Situation:
I can't connect to an ssh server on the internet. I've tried with multiple
ones (university, my server, a friends one...), but it always fails. Commands
are right, this isn't the thing.
Anyway, connecting to my server within in my personal network (e.g. ssh
me@192.168.2.2) works like a charm.

Done work:
I've tried this thing with two routers, a U.S. Robotics and currently I'm
using a Linksys WRT54GS. Nothing different. I've also tried with a "live-cd"
Knoppix. Nothing different.
Strange thing: I'm using Ubuntu Dapper (ssh -V: OpenSSH_4.2p1 Debian-7ubuntu3,
OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005). When I try to connect with PuTTY (aptitude
install putty) everything is fine and I *can* connect. Also no problem when
connecting from Windows through PuTTY.

Log:
Everything seems fine, I'm entering my password and here it goes:
~~~
user@xxx.de's password:
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug2: channel 0: send open
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug2: callback start
debug2: client_session2_setup: id 0
debug2: channel 0: request pty-req confirm 0
debug1: Sending environment.
debug1: Sending env LANG = de_DE.UTF-8
debug2: channel 0: request env confirm 0
debug2: channel 0: request shell confirm 0
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: callback done
debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
~~~

Then nothing happens for about 10 to 15 minutes until this information shows
up.
~~~
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
Read from remote host xxx.de: Connection timed out
Connection to xxx.de closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 138 bytes in 1215.0 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.1
debug1: Exit status -1
~~~

Is there anyone who can provide some tips and is willing to help me? :-)

--
Kind regards,
Manu