Logu wrote:
>>> I have a machine with a public IP. I want to remote
>>> portforward one of the webserver port (80) to this machine.
>>> The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. If I forward the
>>> connection to the public IP machine, I am not able to get the
>>> corresponding webpages from the virtualhosts. Instead I am
>>> getting all from one virtualhost. Is there a way to
>>> distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ?
>>>
>>> There is no problem with the apache configuration as I am
>>> getting the correct pages from the localnetwork.
>>>
>>> ssh -g -R 8080:v1.local.com:80 publicIP
>>> ssh -g -R 8081:v2.local.com:80 publicIP
>>> ssh -g -R 8082:v3.local.com:80 publicIP

>> What kind of virtual hosts are you using?

> I am using Name based virtual host (ie., v1.local.com, v2.local.com
> and v3.local.com resolve to same IP).

SSH port forwarding is purely at the TCP layer, whereas HTTP name-based
virtualhosts are implemented at the application layer.

For this to work, the HTTP client needs to send the virtualhost name to
the tunnel. One way to do this would be to put entries for
"v[1-3].local.com" into the HTTP client's hosts file pointing to
publicIP (which also means you can make do with only one port forward).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.