I don't know about THIS situation as I don't know Oracle but port
forwarding HTTP (port 80 or even 443) is TOTALLY ssh port forwarding
friendly. The ONLY problems you might have are DNS, where the server
expects the request to say "www.foo.com" instead of "localhost" but
even that can be hacked with an edit in your hosts file.

I've port forwarded port 80 lots of times with SSH with no problems.

Scott

--
Scott Baker - RHCE
Canby Telcom System Administrator