From: Frans Englich [mailto:frans.englich@telia.com]=20
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 6:22 AM
To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
Subject: Publick key authentication problem

Hi everyone,

I have trouble connection to a server with ssh. I've tried solving this=20
before, but failed. I won't stop this time until this works.

These are the commands I execute:

--------------------------------
bash-2.05b$ exec ssh-agent bash
bash-2.05b$ export CVS_RSH=3D`which ssh`
bash-2.05b$ ssh-add
Enter passphrase for /home/frans/.ssh/id_dsa:
Identity added: /home/frans/.ssh/id_dsa (/home/frans/.ssh/id_dsa)
--------------------------------

Running `ssh-add -l' in the current shell gives:

--------------------------------
2048 2e:f5:49:d6:21:a0:50:83:1e:a4:fd:90:66:5a:f5:76
/home/frans/.ssh/id_dsa=20
(DSA)
--------------------------------

Now, running `ssh -vvv englich@HOSTNAME 2> ssh.log' gives "Permission
denied=20
(publickey)." The full output is attached, ssh.log.

This is how my .ssh/ directory looks:

--------------------------------
bash-2.05b$ ls -alFh .ssh/
total 30K
drwx------ 2 frans users 136 May 17 19:38 ./
drwx------ 81 frans users 5.0K May 26 10:00 ../
-rw------- 1 frans users 1.3K May 17 18:28 id_dsa
-rw-r--r-- 1 frans users 1.1K May 17 18:28 id_dsa.pub
-rw-r--r-- 1 frans users 15K May 26 09:49 known_hosts

--------------------------------

Before identifying any problems, you should know that I manage to
*commit*=20
with CVS over ssh to another server, so something with my ssh setup
seems to=20
be right.

In my .ssh/known_hosts file, the server I'm having trouble connecting to
has=20
"ssh-rsa", while my files are "DSA" -- could this have to do with it?=20
However, the server I can connect to is also "ssh-rsa", so that seems to
rule=20
it out.

What is wrong?=20

One might argue that my public key is corrupt on the server side, but I
sent=20
it as an email attachment(with the same MUA) in the same way to the
admins of=20
both servers.

I would really appreciate help on this, I've run out of ideas. Let me
know if=20
I can supply anymore info.

Cheers,

Frans