On Friday 26 May 2006 14:24, varun wrote:
> But for sending them through mail you must have transferred
> them from the server to your machine. During this transfer
> binary format needs to used otherwise the keys get
> transferred.

I'm not following. For me to be able to connect to the server, *one* thing
must be transfered: *my* public key *to* the server. Nothing needs to be
permanently transfered from the server to me(except the host fingerprint,
typically on the first connect). Right? Exactly what is it you refer to when
writing "you must have transferred them from the server to your machine"?

> I had been getting the same errors when the
> keys were taken on my system in ascii format.

> Or the issue
> might be with dsa on one side and rsa on the other.

How do I verify/investigate this? How do I find out if the server side is dsa
or rsa?

Cheers,

Frans