On May 18, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Wasik, Paul wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What options are there for restricting sftp directory access with
> OpenSSH, if any? I've seen a couple possibilities upon Google
> searching
> but nothing elegant like that which is available in many FTP servers.
> I'm using OpenSSH v4.3p2 on Solaris 8.

I've successfully used scponly in the past. Nice chrooted environment
for scp and sftp (even though it's called scponly, it works with
sftp, too).

See http://www.google.com/search?q=sconly

Note the SecurityFocus arbitrary command execution notice 7th on the
list :-) and beware.

Regards,

Robert Taylor
rjamestaylor@gmail.com

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain opinions and statements that are based on the
sender's experience, research, musings and/or pre-alzheimer mental
disorders. Use with caution, suspicion and mild disdain. Grain of
salt not included.