Brett.Wickman@sungard.com wrote:
> Hi guys, my company is switching over to ssh and we have an old RS6000
> that is running AIX 4.2 that we have to install ssh on. Is there a
> package that I can download to install it like Sun has? I'm having
> trouble with the info that I got and don't have any install
> instructions. Any help would be great. Thanks guys!!

I offer OpenSSH smit-installable packages at [1] that will work on AIX
4.2.1 (and possibly earlier). There's also a couple of alternative
sources of packages listed on the page (IBM's on sourceforge and Bull
Freeware) but I doubt either will have a recent OpenSSH for a version of
AIX that old (AIX 4.2.1 was EOLed in 2000 or so...)

[1] http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/#aixbff

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.