From: asterix2112 []
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:28 AM
Subject: =?us-ascii?Q?No_username_prompt_SSHD_No_username_prompt _SSHD?=

Hi, this is probably a dumb newbie question but I searched all over and
can not find an answer.
I have sshd set up on my server, and all I want is just username/password
authentication, but all I can seem to get when I log on from another
computer is a password prompt. And it will only accept the root password
(with PermitRootLogin yes, if set to no it will not work - and I don't want
root to be able to log on). How to I get the username prompt?