------_=_NextPart_001_01C650DB.AE8B81AF

Hello,

I have a question about configuring SSH to connect to a specific CLI
application. This is for an Embedded Linux project.

A telnet server can be configured to run a given application (By default
it is 'login', but you can set it to whatever you want).
I could not find any way to configure OpenSSH in such a manner. All I
could find is a configuration flag 'UseLogin' which tells it to run
login, but it is not sufficient to what I want.

I want SSH to:
1. Always run my CLI application, and ignore any 'command' that the
client wanted to run.
2. Not check the user home directory for anything. My CLI application
will do the authentication using a simple user-name + password scheme
against a local user DB (The users in that DB are NOT Linux accounts).=20
3. Since the SSH client asks the user for a user-name before even
connecting to the SSH server, and it passes this user-name to the SSH
server, I want the SSH server to pass this user-name to my CLI
application so that the user will not have to type the user-name again
for my CLI application.

Basically, I want SSH to encrypt the traffic for protection against
eavesdropping, but I do not want it's client-authentication features
(Since the logged-in users do not exist as Linux accounts anyway).

I would imagine that many embedded Linux systems with SSH support would
want to use SSH this way, yet I could not find any method of configuring
OpenSSH to function in such a way. Maybe I need to tweak the OpenSSH
sources ? Use a different SSH solution (i.e. not OpenSSH) ? What do
other Embedded-linux systems do ?

Thanks a lot, Oren.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C650DB.AE8B81AF

charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7638.1">
Configuring SSH to use our own CLI application in an embedded =<br /> Linux system

FACE=3D"Arial">Hello,

[...]

FACE=3D"Arial">Basically, I want SSH to encrypt the traffic for =